Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

teaching a course

By teaching the same course again and again it becomes repetative, not a bad thing, not only are you familare with the material but you can anticipate any questions that may come up.

I like your perspective Choppy and I have always loved those repeat courses myself. Standardizing the way you do lectures, homework or even just the syllabus each time you teach a course can yield a big time savings. It’s important to study the tasks that we find ourselves repeating in our work lives to find efficiencies each time we repeat them.

I would agree with you that teaching a course on a regular basis although repetitive does allow the instructor to anticipate any of the questions that may arise. I find that by teach the same course again and again it allows me to save time because I know what to look for within their papers, which provides me with more time to focus on other issue that may arise within the course.

teaching course regularly allows you to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the materials or references used, and the teaching methods, too. Everytime a course is taught, you can continue to improve it to meet the students' learning needs. Feedback from the students would be a great help too, to improve the course.

Sign In to comment