Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Motivationg the younger adult learners.

How do we motivate younger adult learners who just do not have the

Drive? 

During lectures I've find myself telling the class that I do not lecture rather I present information. I invite them to take part in the discussion and build on security. When it comes time to review  I've offer a jolly rancher candy as a reward for answering correctly. If the answer is wrong, I say "incorrect" to the learner. I will change my methods of stating an incorrect answer to something like "can anyone else add to this answer"?

I find that with younger students that I give them past experiences and previous ideas in my previous employment. They seem to hold attention when they have real life experience explained to them in their chosen field.

I find with younger students...i use The Seven Habits to help me bring to them motivation and excitment in my class..i want my class to be a place outside of their world..these classes help me somuch tp present the students with new visions.   By Linda Marquis of Vista College 

I tend to agree with bringing real life situations to the class room holds their attention. 

Sign In to comment