Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Enthusiasm and fun

I feel that it is important to actually LOVE what you do. Students will be more attracted to the material and may learn more. Making it fun can vary from going outdoors and learning about the topic to doing classroom assignments pertaining to the topic.

Adina,
I agree. I love to listen to people that have passion for something and are excited about sharing with others. This should be the trademark of instructors.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

I agree I am now teaching something I love to do, and my students see the passion and energy that I bring to the table.

Gary,
Great to hear. Being able to teach something you love and help to bring in the next generation of professionals in your field is truly an honor and privilege.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

I agree 100% - it is very important for instructors to love what they do - it always shows in the delivery of the lecture

I agree as well. I love what I do and have so much fun each and everyday. The students see that and pick up on all the energy and happiness that I bring to the classroom. In result they get a better understanding and want to feel the same way making them try harder while still enjoying learning.

Engagement of the students in the lesson can move them forward at a pace and skill level that will help them to grow and learn. It being in an area or subject that you love make things all the better and will bring the positive portions of a lesson or topic to life.

Sherry,
Good point because when you bring passion for your field and enthusiasm for teaching into the class it sets the stage for engaged learning for your students.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

Sign In to comment