Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Evaluation of a course

Performing a mid-course evaluation will give you the pulse of the class. By knowing how the students are progressing in the course you will know that you are right on course with their training or if you need to make any changes.

Yolanda,
I like to do this as well for the reasons you state. The results will help me to make any adjustments that are needed and make sure I am staying on target with my goals and objectives.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

I call class evaluation "taking the temperature". I find that this lets me know if my pace is too fast or slow and I can adjust accordingly.

Brian,
Like the phrase because it is so true. Taking the temperature of the class enables you to adjust, adapt or modify your instructional approach as needed. Having this ongoing reading helps you do do it in real time.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

Positive feedback about the progress of student help them to focus on their achievements. which give them incentive to perform greater.

Mary,
Students need this on a regular basis. This is how they will become engaged and make progress in their learning.
Gary

Gary Meers, Ed.D.

Doing this evaluation is a great idea! It gives me the opportunity to see if the class is moving to quickly or slowly. This is a great way to know how the information is truly being received by the students.

Sign In to comment