Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

motivational attitudes

How motivating instructors demonstrates empathy?

Hi Marlene - I believe motivating instructors demonstrate empathy by incorporating student experiences into material and/or lecture points, asking questions that are challenging but answerable, and being open to new perspectives. An empathetic instructor demonstrates he/she understands student comments and questions, and the instructor does not brush those contributions aside.

Motivation is key to learning. Student-centered learning modules translate into constructive application of material covered.

Motivational attitudes demonstrated by the instructor are essential when moving from teacher centered to student centered learning. If the instructor does not introduce and present to restructured curriculum in a positive way, the students, parents and administrators will be less likely to accept the new form of pedagogy the teacher is developing. As we continue to move into a digital age and increased access to technology and knowledge, it is going to be critical that instructors move away from teacher centered to student centered learning. This will also help students move up in the levels of learning that are taking place into application and synthesis of the material being presented.

@gocmar0706

I beleive it allows you to make every student feel important and part of the class. It becomes a group effort.

I find that when the instructor is excited about a subjuct that they are lecturing on sets the tone for learning.  Therefore being a motivational instructior is contagious and tends to affect the learning environment in a positive way.  The students gets excited because their instructor is excited.

Sign In to comment