Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

students groups

when putting students into groups this may sound silly but I sometimes have them countoff by two's. there is no bickering about who is on who's team it is strictly random

I allow them to pick their own they will be comfortable with who they work with and their habbits/work ethic.

Hi Jeffrey!

As I think back on the responses that instructors have posted on this topic, I wonder what it says about instructors? Some make the choices and move students as necessary, then others are very creative in their approach while others allow the natural flow of the process. What do you think the outcomes will be for each type of instructor?

Good work!

Jane Davis
ED106 Facilitator

I think that working in groups helps the shy student chime in. They may otherwise not participate.

I sometimes let them pick their oun groups, other times i choose for them. I do fell like they are more comfortable with groups of their oun choosing but I also stress that they must be able to work with all personality types.

Hi Mary!

I hear pro and con on letting students pick their own groups. You have apparently had very good successes with students picking their groups. What have you experienced that makes you feel this is a good approach?

Good job!

Jane Davis
ED106 Facilitator

i do the 1-2 method.. that way they know who their partners are.

Sign In to comment