Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Refinement

I have found that time and preparation are the key to classroon lecture and/or demos, knowing the sudject matter and refinement of the subject matter will greatly enhance the students abilty to grasp the subject.

Hi Billy, thanks, you're so right; preparation and a good plan of delivery are crucial to an effective lecture or presentation. I have always tried to include in my plan what I will do to grab and maintain student attention, and what I will do, activities-wise, to augment the lecture and facilitate application of the skills that are learned.

Jay Hollowell
ED106 Facilitator

One way of refinement I have use is during the DEMO process. I will usually pick one or two students who have little knowledge in the subject and "walk" them through the Demonstration. And answer their questions along the the way.

Active demos where the students do the work and the instructor guides them along the way are the most effective way to get the point across. It seems that when an instructor stands in front of the class and performs a demo only a certain percentage of students understand it.

Hi Edward!

Great assessment - I also think that it has to do with students' individual learning styles.

What do you think?

Good job!

Jane Davis
ED106 Facilitator

Sign In to comment