Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Memory Games

Cmil=2kli/Vd

This is a formula my electrical class struggled to retain until I swapped "2kli" to "2kil".
The formula now reads like this:

The doctor said "Take some Cmil to kill VD."

Cmil=2kil/Vd

They rarely forget it now!

Timothy,
what a great little trick that really helps the learners.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

A similar trick I use with my students is,

V P
O S
A S

Volts Parallel
Ohms Series
Amps Series

This helps them remember how to use the DMM for the three different readings.

Raymond,

yes, any of these little memory techniques can pay off in the long run for the students.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Raymond,

yes, any of these little memory techniques can pay off in the long run for the students.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Precertification,
Preauthorization,
Predetermination

The medical office assistant needs to find out if the patient's insurance is in benefit (pre-) before treatment. First, the "c" in Precertification stands for covered. Next, Preauthoriation "a" is receiving word from the insurance company that the treatment is medically necessary. The "d" in predetermination stands for the dollars the plan will pay for the treatment. The letters spell "cad". This simple memory device is most effective when the student plays the roll of the patient.

A memory game Sensitivity of cells to radiation- in order of the most sensitive to the least,has work very well for my students for the past six (6) years. Good Boys stolen candy but never made good grades( Gentic, Blood,Skin, Conntective Tissue,Bone,Nerve Brain Mucles and Glands)

Dale,
these memory techniques & tricks are a great way to help the students retain the information.

Ryan Meers, Ph.D.

Developing these can be a lot of fun. One of my favorites to show where marginal cost is equal to marginal revenue: Mariah Carrey marries Mister Rogers. My students have come up to me semesters later when they are about to graduate and they still remember!

Sign In to comment