Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Games

Playing games before a exam helps for review and makes everyone happy.

Great idea! I can see that playing games before an exam sounds like a great strategy to ease test anxiety and help review at the same time. I normally use a jeopardy style approach to the game, and that seems to work well.

to help students with test taking play a game like family fued when reviewing for the test

we did use your idea on tuesday with my afternoon class and they loved it and it made them more relaxed overall.

I like games as well. It's a good way to try and get everyone involved. I have noticed better test results from finding a fun way to review the material we covered in class.

Many times I find that students are pretty nervous just prior to taking an exam, especially if the test is the first one for a particlular class. Playing a quick question/answer time. or having students read a related article from a printed resource will many times let the student relax a little more and make the test seem less unknown. Even having the students discuss a particular topic for a brief time can lessen their fears. The only thing that I find that I have to be aware of, is not to let the discussions get of onto another topic or let the students loos the focus of the subject.

I have played Jeopardy with my students as a review before a major test. It make a very pleasant and fun day where they really don't think they are learning, but are suprised when they take the exam and do very well on it. My students have resently asked to do jeopardy review before they take their exit exam to help them study for that test.

I have only used games as a review in class before(as in days before) a test...I will try it before a test to relieve some anxiety!

Playing games in relation to material to be tested is a active break to help reenforce learned material on so many different levels. Much as the 80% active vs. 20% lecture.

It definitely makes things more fun to review. Students cdan tune out when doing a straight forward review.

When you are tight success drops accordingly vs taking a test and being loose

It's amazing how competitive the game gets sometimes.

Right? it is important for the game to remain a stress reliever not an overly competative sport for blood.

I think playing games in class is a good idea. I haven't done it yet but after taking this course, I am going to start.

I agree that playing games can and do help the students on their exams.

games are a great way to review for exams, or even to memorize theory in the cosmetology classroom

I like to try to get students involved by giving them a cross word puzzle with the test answers in it and the questions are another form of test question that relates to the topic they will be tested on this helps them prepare for the test as they continuly go thru the questions.

Yes games are definitely a fun way students can learn. It is always important to have some kind of activity as students tend to get bored with routine way of teaching. However when we implement creativity such as adding games, this can help them to better retain material.

Use as an ice breaker and relaxation learning event.

I am going to utilize games more in my teaching. I do use it sometimes but now I can see some benifit to it I will be using it more.

Sign In to comment