Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Wall Colors

A soothing color on the walls can make a difference for the student's learning. I like to have my classroom a soothing blue to put them in a relaxed state.

Hi Dee!

Blue does seem to be the color! I like an accent wall for interest and then I use colorful items on the other walls.

Keep up the good work!

Jane Davis
ED107 Facilitator

Blue would be a great color - ours are brown of varying shades - which is more relaxed than some but not the greatest - also we are not allowed to put anything on the walls themselves - only on non patined surfaces. This can make for a challenge when trying to incorporate other materials for peripheral learning.

Our corporate interior designer has decreed a consistent greige color for our classrooms and hall space. It's consistent, and neutral, doesn't show dirt, but we really miss the pastel blues, greens, and peach.

Blue is a great color. I gotta say I can see the influence of colors can calm or excite a person depending on the circumstances

I live and teach in Florida, one of the greatest things I have noticed is the use of lighter colors (cream, off white or very light grey) on the walls of the classroom and in combination with sunlight this generally keeps the students perked up. The combination of both works very well.

I'm an instructor at a campus that teach auto refinishing and we have alot of talant here. We have custom painted the walls in some of the rooms with murals and designs that relate to our feild of training (like nascar painted hoods hanging on the wall). In these classes the students seem to be much more alert and awake and have better grades than the classes that have just plain jane white walls. We are currently planning on doing this in all our rooms.

I agree. Not only on the classrooms but any where. I can not control the color of walls that I have in my office. I am convinced that they give me a headache if I sit in there longer than an hour or so.

Sign In to comment