Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Poster Board

I am an Instructor at Technical school and we have used Poster board that the students have drawn on of the impression or actual training they have preformed during class, after we have discussed their work it is placed around the room for new students use and it has worked out quit well for us as teaching tools and examples.

This sounds like a great way to keep a knowledge base of what works and what doesn't. I might try it. Thanks!

I teach part-time online for a technical university and do not use Poster Boards, but in my full-time job where I participate in delivering the training, we use and create flipcharts during the training process. It shows the trainees we are creating the materials based on their feedback; it appears to go a long way. In addition, when the participants are getting a bit tired and their eyes drift from the presenter, the posters remind them of concepts previously discussed as well as where we are in the agenda.

God morning Derrick!

I, too, am a fan of displaying outline of information to be discussed AND checking that info off once discussed. This outline should correspond with the syllabus students were given at the beginning of the class.

This technique insures that - as instructors - we are doing what we promised. As you suggest, it helps those students who drift off know what
has been discussed.

Good thoughts!

Jane Davis
ED107 Facilitator

Yeah, I teach at a trade college and find that job aids are very helpful. Given the nature of the industry, we tend to attract more visual and tactile learners. It is interesting to see how much they can learn just from looking at the pictures rather than reading pages of text.

I have a few motivational poster boards at home. I am going to bring them the school and see how it affects my 1st year math students.

I believe this is a good idea. Motivational poster boards are use in corporate all the time.

I might try that too. If they work together to create a poster that sums up a portion of the lesson, it may help to increase the student interraction.

Sign In to comment