Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

interactive discussions

I try to get my students involved by asking a question and then have them share what they believe is the answer.

along those lines, i will give them symptoms of a broken bike(failure related to a lesson).they will tell me what tests to perform and i will tell them the results of that test until they solve the issue.it keeps there interest as well as allowing me to review methods for things like compression tests etc.

Because my students are adult learners, many of them are defensive and unwilling to answer questions. I try to put them in a small group and ask the group questions. The group has to discuss and come up with a common answer.

I also use that method. I will ask a question and when i hear something in the ballpark, i stop and try and direct their thought processes towards the right answer. Even if it takes multiple people. When I hear a wrong answer, I tell them it's wrong and why, but if they are going in the right direction or wrong direction, I encourage them to keep thinking so they can come up with the solution.

i use interactive dicussions while doing demos as well. Seems to keep them invovled instead of just listening.

Sign In to comment