Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Its all true or flase

I have told my students for years that most tests are simple true/false. We take ASE style tests and it doesn't matter if it is a multiple choice, Tech A, Tech B or a true false question. All of these can be answered like they are a True/False question. One question at a time, one answer at a time, one choice at a time ...Its all TREU or FALSE!!!

Jeff I understand what you are saying. If you can get them to the point where they understand to break each item down and then analize them. Take one thing at a time, is it true or false? makes it simple and reduces confusion.

What a great way to have students analyze for themselves and obtain the correct answer. Thanks for the correlation. I think I'll start telling my students the same. Thanks!

I agree, I had never thought of that. I will start using this with my classes.

I agree most tests are a simple true or false, even multiple choice you just pick the true answer

Interesting. I encourage my students to write why they think it may be true or false. Then if they chose the wrong answer I can see why they chose it and sometimes give partial credit based on their rationale.

Colleen

Hi Collen - thanks for your post to the forum. I really liked your idea of asking students to give the rationale for their T/F answer. Very good idea! Best wishes for continued success in your teaching career. Susan

Well, some students are different and can express what they have learned through essay writing. I can get a better grip on what they have learned and how thoroughly they cover a subject.

Sign In to comment