Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Rentention

I learned a lot from this training and plan to use it at my school.

Retention requires the entire staff to be aware of possible high risk student and be engaged in the outside (social) as well as inside (educational) forces detracting all students.  Encouaging students to interact with the staff encourages the possible loss of the student keeping retention in all programs higher.

Patricia, I agree with you.  The staff and faculty need to make a connection with the students and they must be aware of the challenges students face while attending school.  Balancing school, work and family will offer many challenges for our students.  I always feel the link is integrity.  Our word of integrity to assist students to reach graduation and even hold their career position beyond three months.  The students need to know we will not give up on them and that we will do as much as possible to help the student with coping skills to balance school, work and family to reach graduation.

@pibarra :I agree retention is a school wide commitment to the students. They must have the reassurance that we are there for them and are committed to their success.

Sign In to comment