Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Happy

Our attitudes are much more important than some of us think.
A REAL smile and HELLO are not sappy. They can be meaningful.
Mark

Mark,

You are quite correct. A hello and a smile are essential to the success of a teacher. There are many other things a teacher also needs to master to be able to reach as many students as possible.

What are one or two other things you feel are important for a teacher to know and/or to know how to do?

I think remembering something personal that was discussed and following through with ,"hey, how did that situation end up?, is extremeley important for students to truly believe an intelligent heart.

Laughter is the best Medicine. It's true to students as well. When the learning environment is fun and productive it's easier to retain and maintain students attention. A happy environment makes students relax,actively participate and be creative.

Eva,

There is scientific evidence out there that backs up your statement. Research shows that we remember more when things are linked to a strong emotion. Laughter can be that emotion.

I always try to clear my head of anything negative that my be going on in my life before I enter the classroom. When your students see you upset or mad it sets a tone for the rest of the day.

That is true. Our attitude affests the whole class. If you come in with a bad attitude the students can pick up on that and it will set the tone for the whole class.

Being happy as an instructor follows through with your students. I always try and put "happiness" in my teaching. I have noticed that it is contagious

Keep smiling because no one can tell what you are thinking. It is amazing how smiling keeps peoples attitudes in check.

Every morning I greet my student with a smile and hello this gets the day started

Passion. If you do not feel passionate about your field and education, why should you students muster the enthusiasm for it? Even on those days when I am tired or worn-out, I try to find something that makes my passion for my field shine through!

Sign In to comment