Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

everyone

Everyone in the organization needs to be on the same page. If there is a common goal everyone needs to be involved to help achieve.

I believe that a shared vision that can help all employees stay on the same page is when they see that we all "change lives...one student at a time." This is a common goal that everyone can get involved with regardlees of their job title.

I agree that would help, but I have found that sometimes admissions say things that aren't exactly true and then the students expect things from us that we don't offer. This makes for angry and displeased students! It seems that students without a GED who Passed the Ability to Benefit Test were told that we help the students to qualify for their GED. i.e, help them prepare for the test in all subject areas. This isn't correct. We are trying to fix the problem but, won't really know if we have until the new start on the 21st.
Wanda

I agree with this wholeheartrdly. I know on most days I make a difference for students in many ways. This is something I find very fulfilling!
Wanda

If the organization has a goal and all employees are not on board, it will be much more difficult to be reached. The completion of the goal will be meaningless to those that did not participate and those that did will have a sense of accomplishment. It would be much better for all to feel good about the completion a goal and share in its success.
Those folks that refuse to participate really should reconsider their opportunities and find a place to work that challenges them to be the best they can be. I have worked for folks in the past that that were just paying the bills, no heart in what they did, hating their jobs and dragging others down with them - it is true that it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bushel.
I took me a few years to realize that jobs are not for making money and having nice "toys". Jobs are for making you feel good about what you do. Each job has its goals, some daily and more with longer terms in mind.
I usually tell the folks that are consistantly unhappy in most of the things that they do that it may be time to dream that dream that makes you smile and then chase that dream into a reality.
I hope they are as happy as I am.

Michael,

This response is excellent!!!

You truly are an "Intelligent Heart" and have found what it's all about. You change lives...one student at a time and love what you do.

Best,

Joe

Great statement. I want to work in your department.

If every one is on the same page then there seems to be alot more progress in the school.the students seem to notice that there is a smooth flow with the school and there learning.

I also agree with this. As the old saying goes, the chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. If a student sees that all of the staff believes that they can reach thier goals, then they may get on-board.

Each job has its goals, some daily and more with longer terms in mind.

I think the "if" in this statement is significant. What if everyone is not on the same page? It is a difficult journey to get everyone on the same page. People are set in their ways and every organization has those who are not on the same page and create difficulty for others. Every new step is a painful one.

like it or not a job is a job. if you don't like what u do, then it is prop. time for u to move on to some place else. if management is happy, then everyone is happy.

I agree that it is important to work together and " be on the same page" but it is sometimes a difficult task. I don't think you can get everyone on board at once but we need to keep at it.

Scott,

Thank you for this post. "Being on the same page" does not have to mean that all agree on everything. However, a school will only be successful if everyone is working toward the same major goals and believes in the mission. Those that do not can really do damage that impacts the students.

Sign In to comment