Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

How to love learning

Some people are grasping for something to do.
Doing an externship or something similar sould help the students become more excited about their goals.
Mark

If you love learning then you would love to take the time to learn. We all have goals and loving to learn is a plus for all who have goals. I agree

Thanks, Josephine.

What are some behaviors that you do to make sure your students know that you have a love of learning?

I come in the class room with a big smile on my face!!! I proceed to ask if everyone is doing great and take a count of those who are in need of some one on one time for specifics that they maybe having problems with. I show them many ways of how they can learn: blackboard, video, reading, bingo, crosswords. On weekly reviews, I take it upon myself to ask each individual student if there is something on the review I have mentioned that they dont understand. I show excitment towards teaching them and eager to know if they understood what I just taught.

Great post, Josephine. Thanks!

Very interesting topic! Surprisingly enough I rely on the student feed back. Historically, by week 3, a student will say, "you really like what you do". I teach with passion and I believe in the information I'm providing. As I actually work in the field I am constantly providing case studies applicable to the topic of the week.

Michele,

Thanks for this post. The "magic" of career colleges is faculty members who also work in the field and can bring in up-to-date life experiences to share.

Jeffrey Schillinger

Sign In to comment