Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Helping Students With Their HABE's

After reading this section, it reminds me so much of just self confidence. Letting our students know that no matter where they came from, there is always something they can work for and that is an education. They can be the first on in their family to earn a degree.

I help my students form a vision but not a narrow one. There needs to room to broaden the vision when new experiances happen to them. With life experiance, job knowlege and education their vision will get more focused.

We have a lot of students that have outside forces causing them to think negatively about their education. I always try to help them see the positive side of their education and why it can be so helpful to their future.

Thanks, Megan.

What are some of the specific things you do to help students see the positive side on their education?

Students should always be treated as customers.They should always be treated as students to.

Thank you, William.

What are a few of the specific things that tyou do to make students feel like customers? How does that differ from treating them as students?

The majority of our students are 18-24 year old boys with way to many outside influences on them.On the first day of class I ask them why they came to school and what they expect after graduation. This way I can continually remind them of their vision as the course gets harder.

Thanks, Michael.

Your students seem to be traditional age students, which is a bit unusual for many career colleges. What are some of the habits you try to instill in students this age?

It is helpful to bring graduates, who worked through their HABEs and successfully graduated and obtained a job, to talk with students.

Thanks, Martha.

Graduates can have a big influence on current students. What are the most common HABEs your graduates talk about when they come back?

I try to instill a good work ethic. Be proud of the goals that that have achieved by graduating. Starting off a new career with the knowledge and tools to do the job help the student be confident in trying something new.

Not just the alumni interviews but also synopsis of them on the walls. Medals are given in the military not just to honor those who went above and beyond the call of duty but also to inspire others to do the same.

Sign In to comment