Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Product Knowledge

It has been my observation that when the admissions reps, during tours, have the most information possible about the daily curriculum, and food we are cooking, they are better situated to answer any question the chefs my be to busy to answer. I teach an international cuisine course, we deal with some faily unique and exotic food. I spend time with the admissions reps explaing; history and geography and food timelines. Understanding the where and what and why of food has seemed to allow the reps to better speak about admissions on behalf of the school.

Cheyney,

Excellent. This way, reps know what they are talking about. I love the connection and link.

Dr. Larry Banks

I think that it is very improtant for the reps to know what goes on the in class room. Most of the time, when a rep bring a perspective student on a tour of my classroom, I end up talking to the student. I want them to know exactly what they are going to get when enrolling with our program.
I think it also helps that my class is a hands on class and the new student can observe the current students performing services.

I agree. The reps should be well versed in what acctually happens in each class instead of relying on the chefs to conduct the tour for them

I agree. I am constantly updating the admissions reps of what we are doing. I even made a demonstration display and trained them on the safe use of it ( I'm an electrical instuctor ). The reps can demonstrate during their tour.

Daniel,

This is great. Giving admissions a prop that replicates the program provides them something authentic to show potential students.

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

Cheyney - I am the Assistant Program Director for a nursing program. My office is located in the campus main lobby. I need to be accessible to current and prospective students. When enrollment services bring potential students for a tour, I make sure I am available to answer any question the future student may have. I too keep enrollment services up to date on program changes, curriculum selection, and anything else pertinant to planning life and school.

Suzanne,

Thank you for providing how you stress your role regarding product knowledge. Admissions does sell what they know.

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

I just talked with our admissions rep about Product Knowledge. In the past it has not been a standard practice at the campus, but after listening to several admission's interviews with prospective students, I quickly realized they really need to have more information about what is going on in the different programs. I have spoke with the Director of Education and have asked her to schedule Product Knowledge for both admissions and career services.

Dora,

A frequently asked questions handout for the Admissions rep would help.

Ron Hansen, Ed. D.

Good suggestion! I was considering doing quizzes with the admission's team to see what they know about the programs. This would give an opportunity for the reps to ask questions about anything they may be unsure of.

At our campus most of the reps are actually graduates of the campus. This is a great attribute for us because the reps not only know who what when where why, but they have actually been in the seat themselves!

Sign In to comment