Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Modeling is a big part of having a great attitude

I find that I have a great attitude toward my job as Instructor, which reflects on my personality, therefore I am in a good mood when I get to work which also I think filters to the students. this make the day starting out very positive for both myself and the students

What can you do each day to be a Good Model?

It is a continuous action in the Vocational Learning Experience for the Instructor + the Admissions Reps + Career Services + the Business Office + the Front Desk and all of the "Top Staff" to recognize each student and to show them you appreciate them. Your example is critical to their success as many students have not come out of a world that advocated success--have never seen it!!

As an Instructor and Learning Center Coordinator, I have to come in each day positive and ready to deal with anything that happens not letting it affect my moods or actions. It can be extremely rewarding if you let it be.

Anne Conway

Thanks, Anne. You are right on target. It takes an effective team to have an effective program.

I am a strong believer that attitude is contagious. Students will respond better to an instructor that has a great attitude. I always start my classes by thanking my students for being their and letting them know that I realize that they have many other commitments and I am glad they are there.

Hi Janelle,

I am of the same belief that "attitude is contagious" and was something I learned years ago as a manager. The module talks about behavior being modeled and an positive attitude is one of those traits. During my online chats, I am upbeat and it truly helps students to feel comfortable to engage during the discussions.

Randi

I also know that attitude has a lot to do with the how your class will be, and how your day will go, Its up to you to set the tone.

Sign In to comment