Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Late students

How important is it for late enrollments to get orientation information?

Extreamly important. The lost lamb must be redirected into the fold. Retain and redirect leads to retention.

Marie M.,

I think it is very important. If it is necessary enough for students to get prior to the start of class, then it should be given to those who start late as well.

Susan Backofen

These are the ones that need a little bit extra because they missed the group orientation and full bonding

It is extremely important due to the fact all information regarding grading, lab procedures, and testing is clearly outlined.

Orientation should be an ongoing process. At least once a week, I ask my students if they have any concerns (not just in my class, but with anything school related). If I cannot help them- I point them to someone who can. This shows them that each college department works together to keep them on the path of success. I think that the word "orientation" is misleading because it should belong in every classroom- not just use as a time before the student actually begins classes.

It is very important for late start students recieve orientation information for one so they will not feel left out or behind. Also these students feel they have a small disadvantage from the other studets becuase they are late in getting information, so havingorientations with them will hep ease their concerns.

Sign In to comment