Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Orientation

I like to bring all of the new students in my department together where I can give them a "real" introduction into their chosen field. I think it is important to ignite their passion and desire for their chosen career. And I also feel it importnant to congratulate them on making this descision - not everyone in the world would be willing to commit to this, and for that each student is indeed special.

Above all, I want them to leave feeling excited and confident that they can do this.

Paul ,

It certainly sounds like you are very passionate about your field and that you want the students to share that passion. This is extremely effective. Kudos!

Susan Backofen

In my other post I wrote that we also bring all the students from each department together to introduce the faculty from the full timers to adjunct so everyone gets to meet with each other and let them know where our background comes from and to let them know about us in a little more personal way, also give out our email address and phone numbers so they have a phone number to contact if something comes up and they can not make it to class. This is where the new students gets to see and hear more about our passions and makes them more excited about taking there classes.

Sign In to comment