Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I totally agree with you. With my students, many of them are not from the best areas, and many are first time high school graduates, or first time going on to a career. Just to stand up and give them an award and say that your proud of them is a very big deal, one that the future graduating students really look forward to.

How many times during a student's period of enrollment can they earn recognition? What types of awards do you offer? Who makes the selection, Bethany?

I have been in several colleges as an instructor and each school has its own way of recognizing students. In my current workplace, I was able to spearhead such recognition program for students who have honr and high honors, perfect attendance for a module, bi-module, and the entire program. The student recognition program is still currently implemented and students have been given another mission in their "vision" to succeed and excel in their personal endeavors.

What is the venue for your student recognition program, Paul? Is it a school wide event, done in a class, etc?

I agree as well to see someone that had been in jail for so many years and always thought to him self that he would never amount to anything. Seeing him walk away with a diploma and certificates for perfect attendance for all five modules, and with a good job is the the most wonderfull filling in the world. Knowing that you changed this persons life by just lisening and motivate him every day is great!!

Moments like this are the reason a lot of us are in the business. It's hard to get that kind of satisfaction in other types of jobs.

Our school eveluates or students and they received recognition for perfect attendance, academic achievements, most improved. We also recognize our faculty and staff on a monthly basis by given them a plaque that is hung in the hallway plus a bonus. We hold the award ceremonies once a month.

How do you select the faculty members who are recognized? How much is the bonus? Can they win more than once a year?

Sign In to comment