Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

relationship problems

Something that I have seen increasing alot is students seem to skip days or even stress about little problems to where it creates problems with their school work.

Any advice on how to deal with these problems would be nice.

tell the students to look realy close at the relationship, and think, is he/she wirth it?
if there is more con's /than/pro's then they should move on and then the stress will be gone from there life.

I always try to get the student to understand that they really need to be able to seperate their personal life from their work life. Being in school full time is the precurser to having to work full time in a career. They need to understand thet they can't bring work problems home and personal problems have no place at work or they will only compound their problems.

David Strocky

I agree David, their problems will still be there when they get home, I tell students to use school as a place to escape from those other problems (at least temporarily). School is where they are practicing what they love, where they have people who care about them and they can talk to and where there are resources available that may help them with the problem when they go home.

I agree David, their problems will still be there when they get home, I tell students to use school as a place to escape from those other problems (at least temporarily). School is where they are practicing what they love, where they have people who care about them and they can talk to and where there are resources available that may help them with the problem when they go home.

Being told to compartmentalize your life and being able to do it are very different things - particularly if you are experiencing some of these issues for the first time. Certainly it's true that students must learn to separate their personal and professional lives, but learning those skills may be part of what we can teach them.

What tools are available to our students to help develop this demarcation?

Sign In to comment