Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Creating an effective retention program organizationally . . .

We currently have retention committees at each of our campuses; however, I would like to know if anyone has developed a committee organizationally?

What I would like to see our organiztion do is create an organizational retention committee in which representatives from each campus retention committee would get together to share ideas. These ideas would be implemented as an organization. We have great ideas at the campus level; however, that's as far as they go at this point. Since our students attend more than one campus, it would be beneficial to them if we were more consistent with our operations.

At our school we have held 5 retention conference calls everyone is invited to actively participate. We have 6 campuses along the east coast that are involved. We held our call this past thursday and I was able to explain this course. We asked for each instructor to have a vote for class rep. that would help us with retention such as a lead way between students and teachers. They will also be choosing the award activities for their classmates. We hope to have a "picture wall" up soon so everyone knows eachothers name. then at graduation the student will place their picture on the graduation wall. I hope this helps in some way.

Sign In to comment