Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Introduction to Networking | Origin: CS117

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Teaching Professional Networking Skills for Career Success --> Introduction to Networking

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

It is super important to be networking at all times in your community.

Comment on Angella Walters's post: I have been in Career Services for about a year now and I learned that your students need to learn how to network their skills set. How I am going to apply this is to make sure in my department I will show my students how important it is to be a part of their community.

Need to work on my network!

This introduction reinforced for me the different types of networks, network attributes, and networking connection types.

I’m thinking about my own current networks (school colleagues), and how I can better engage within that existing network. Doing my own work on this will help me talk about the benefits with my students. In particular, the challenge for me as an introvert would be to nurture dormant relationships. How can I encourage students to do this when I’m not comfortable doing it? I appreciate this opportunity to work on it.

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities