Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Preparing to Work Remotely | Origin: CS125

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Working Effectively in Remote Environments --> Preparing to Work Remotely 

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Working in a remote setting it is important to know your work style and incorporate that into your day. I like the idea of adding routines into the day to help stay on track and stay focused. 

It is important for me to stick to a routine and have a rough schedule to stay productive and engaged. It is also important that I know how to minimize my distractions.

Set up a designated area in your home where you can work without distractions. Make sure it's comfortable, well-lit, and conducive to productivity.

When working from home, it is important to set up the right environment. I need to recognize what my distractions might be and try to reduce them. It is also important to have daily schedules, that are flexible, to help stay on task. 

I learned how to set up my workplace at home to increase effectiveness while reducing distraction. 

Every work environment has potential distractions, but you can deal with them by recognizing the distractions and reducing them.

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities