Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Advisory Board Meeting Management | Origin: CS116

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Establishing and Operating Effective Employer Advisory Boards --> Advisory Board Meeting Management 

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

My takeaway for this module would be the online presence. Making sure that our institution and programs have dedicated webpages for advisory board updates, member bios/company information, board news, special evets, etc. We can also use TEAMS  or some other common online resource to store board minutes/agendas, bylaws, new member orientation, program/currciulum information, news articles, press releases, and more. 

Estabilishing ground rules is essential to running a successful meeting.  Each member should know what is expected of them and the rules of the meeting.  Encouraging everyone to speak and giving them the opportunity to do so is key.  Be constructive rather than criticizing.  Use an agenda to be consise and stay on track.  Getting the agenda out in advance to all members is something I will implement this year to hopefully help all members feel prepared and organized.  

Roberts laws are very intriguing 

Parliamentary procedure teaches me how to effectively manage and conduct meetings. I learn about meeting protocols, such as calling meetings to order, setting agendas, and facilitating discussions. By studying parliamentary procedure, I gain the skills to ensure that meetings run smoothly and efficiently. I understand the importance of starting meetings on time and following a predetermined agenda. This helps maintain focus and allows for productive discussions. Additionally, I learn techniques for managing the flow of discussions, recognizing speakers, and maintaining order during debates. This knowledge equips me with the ability to lead and facilitate meetings effectively, fostering a conducive environment for decision-making and collaboration.

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities