Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have learned that you can reach out to the community to build relationships with that will not only help with employment opportunities for students and alumni but also help them overcome employment barriers wherein these companies could provide guest speakers and seminars on interviewing, and work place readiness. I have also been reminded of the importance of early intervention with students wherin it is critical to build strong and trusting relationships with students from their first day of class until post graduation. I intend to not only meet with students in the classroom in the beginning and end of each semester but also find creative ways to have students participate in school functions throughout the semester such as peer tutoring and help create and market necessary seminars for each program.

It is very important to engage with your alumni and community. It's very important to attend your community partners' events and show them an appreciation for hiring our alumni. As well as partnering with time to provide helpful resources to our alumni. 

Involving key partners in the community can help with providing readienss resources to students. There are credentials available as well. 

Creating a full circle relationship from student to alumni back to alumni being the contact and mentor for newer students is a great way to help students feel more confident and resurceful. 

I love this section that emphasizes building long-lasting relationships and trust thru steady, consistant, collaborative efforts that benefit all stakeholders! Partnering with community organizations, beyond potential employers, solidifies the educational institution's perception by the community it serves & establishes a multi-pronged approach to "give-back". In addition, partnering with Alumni to promote their own stories, speaks volumes about the integrity of the graduate's experience & willingness to assist, a student who is coming up behind them. Their words are hugely powerful and make lasting impressions on upcoming graduates.

This module reaffirmed the importance of all departments in the success of graduate placements and employment outcomes.  I also got some ideas of things to do with the community.

Various types of partnerships are really helpful and key to operate a successful career services center.

I have learned that building strong relationships is crucial for maximizing graduate employment outcomes. To achieve this, I have cultivated meaningful partnerships with employers, engage our alumni network for mentoring and industry insights, establish industry advisory boards, offer personalized career guidance, and organize networking events and professional development workshops. By tracking employment outcomes, I can evaluate the effectiveness of our efforts. These practices will give our graduates a competitive edge in the job market.

I agree making community partnerships and keeping good employer relationships is key to having a successful Career & Student Services Department. 

One thing I did take away from this lesson is the importance of an alumni association.  

I had never heard of Equipped for the Future Work-Readiness Credential, SkillsUSA Workforce Ready System, Student Job Ready Credential, Work Readiness Credential, and WorkKeys Readiness.  

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities