Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Graduation survey!

I think it's very important for each of graduation student must submit the survey question?

Hi Chong, We feel the entire graduation phase is very important. First there's the excitement of looking forward to graduation. Some schools have the "freshmen" work on the graduation for the older students. Often there is an exit interview and sometimes a pre exit interview to keep students on track. Then the graduation event itself, post activities, and lots of follow up. So many occasions to survey the grad about his/her experiences. Thanks, Susan

Yes, that is so true. All feedbacks are good reason being that it will only help to improve or enhance the program with feedback from the graduating students.

Hi Cuong - Yes, good point. It's amazing what you learn from surveys and feedback. Surveys can be formal, written, online, in person, or just informal - asking students how things are going. The important step is to compile the information, analyze it, and do something with it.
Thanks, Susan

I will implement in our placement dept. the grad survey as well as employer survey. This will be very beneficial for our school.

Hi Cary, Yes surveys of all kinds are essential to measure what is happening at your school. What is also important is that you compile the results and present it to your advisory board or other people at your school who will use the information to make decisions about changes and improvements at the school. Thanks, Susan

I agree graduation sureveys are extremely important.They help the school keep track of the progress of graduates as well as serve as a motivation for the students still attending school, so that they have an idea of what their futre after graduation can be like.

Hi Kelly,
Good point about the need for graduation surveys. Without them colleges cannot adjust their offerings to reflect graduate input as well as adapt their curricular offings to current employment needs.
Gary

Hi Kelly, Yes, all surveys are important if you want to know how you are doing in every area of your school. Ideally there have been other surveys before graduation. It's important to know how your instructors and staff are performing and the satisfaction of your customer - the students. Thanks, Susan

I agree graduation survey's are important, the problemis getting the student to do one 30-60 after graduation. But it is a good way of know how the student is doing and if they hav moved, are they working.

Sharon Cologero

Staying in touch with grads is soooo important. That's why we feel your school needs to always be in touch with grads and not just 30 and 60 days. That is way too late. That's why we advocate setting up an alumni community and never leave the grad. And they will never leave you!!. Susan

I agree, we have students do surveys all thru thier schooling, actually after every modual they do one, and then when they finish and then we do one 30 days after graduation and we make continuous contact with them. I agree if you don't leave them they don't leave you.

Sharon

In my opinion Graduate Surveys are a wonderful tool to ensure that my department is exceeding expectations.

Fernando,
We also believe in surveys and think that everything possible should be measured. After surveys are administered it is important to assess results and then send out reports to everyone on staff. Your faculty and staff can all analyze the results and make suggestions for improvement. It gets everyone involved. Thanks, Susan

Dr. Susan Schulz

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities