Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I love this idea of including the accountability of borrowing loans into the culture of the school altogether. Supporting methods of creating more responsible borrowers, means more financially healthy students are being graduated and working in the industry. As the educational institution for cosmetology, the industry starts here and we begin to mold it into what we say it is, from the ground up. We can continue bypassing loan information to get the quick last minute enrollment, or we can take time to educate and empower our students in their decisions. Financial literacy courses would be incredible, but at the least, having a senior course that teaches life skills for two weeks before students graduate would be beneficial. 

I have learned a lot about office appearances, and that it is good to reiterate the importance of Default Management and placing Financial Aid information throughout the school.

Students need to be put at ease, this is an easier process for us because we are familiar with it. This is a New Process for the student, and the more we recap what we have explained, the better they gather the understanding.

The repetitive visual of posters and pamphlets in offices and classrooms other than Financial Aid office lets the student know the institution is consistent with their standards. Let the Financial Aid process be educating for the student and less intimidating

Imparting the importance of repaying student loans involves various ways of conveying the information, from presentation to how the faculty treats the concept of student loans. Repetition for the sake of retention may also play a role in educating students into taking their repayment of loans seriously.

Involving the student on their FA.  Repetition of information is critical to retention of materials presented.

I like the inclusive part, making sure students feel comfortable when speaking about financial aid questions. Classroom decorated with info for repayment and pictures let them know repayment is very important.

Sign In to comment