Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Learn the Basics | Origin: CM203

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Admissions Compliance for Postsecondary Schools in California --> Learn the Basics

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

It's a big responsibility supporting students in their next step into life. I will do my research so I can be prepared to responsibly answer questions. I have a lot to read up on :-)

I have definitely learned that keeping a Resource Notebook is very important. In which I plan to create one as soon as possible. I also need to read more on marketing techniques. 

I have learned that it is extremely important to be in compliance. It is also important to be organized and up to date with all of the rules and regulations.

I have learned how important it is to keep a resource book.  This will allow you to go back and forth when you are asked a question that you are not sure about.  You always want to give the student the correct and accurate informaiton.

Its Important to get the students in the course and know the compliance regulations and to stay up to date with them.

The importance of knowledge with compliance regulations and having a resource book will greatly help with future prospective students.

There was a link that was Article 8. Fair Business Practices. The information listed in that link was very specific of what someone should not do. I will be able to refer to this to make sure the conversations made with prospective students are accurate. 

I learned that a handy tool to keep is a resource book. This will help keep the most accurate information at hand and make it accesible to provide resources to students and self when needed. 

It is admissions responsibility to identify quality applicants via edffective Q&A.  Understanding all institutional information is key to the effectiveness of that Q&A.  Maintaining a notebook with updated information is helpful in maintaing that approach. 

Make sure you learn all you can. At the same time make sure you accurate when giving students and family information. Information can change so stay up to par with training and information. Compliance is everything.  

Be sure to be in compliance at all times. Make sure the information that is being given out is accurate. Keeping a resource notebook is ideal to help keep information accessible. 

Stay in complience. 

Stay in complience and help students in the enrollment process.

As an admission advisor, you are responsible to provide accurate and clear information about the programs and institution to the prospect students. You must present all the information within the guidelines of all the regulated agencies, state, licensing board rules and regulations. 

Admissions Advisor play a key role in enrolling qualified students who will benefit from the training program, be able to get gainful employment. You want to enroll prospect students who will meet all the requirements of admissions process, financial aid, entrance exam and be able to successfully complete the program, graduate and be placed for internship/externship and get employed in the workforce.

Reply to Matthew Gibbs's post: Yes, I agree with you Mathew. It is important to interview the prospect student and make sure that they are qualified and meet all the admissions requirements and will be able to successfully complete the program.It is about the quality candidates. Student retention, attendance and graduation rate are also measured by the institution.

To stay calm and collective while talking to students and even family members. To make sure all the information you are giving out is accurate, and to have your resources accessible. 

Sign In to comment