Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Misrepresentation

Now that you understand which areas of misrepresentation are federally regulated (Nature of the Educational Program, Nature of Financial Charges, Employability of Graduates, and Relationship with the Department of Education), explain which area is most important and why.

These federally regulated areas of misrepresentation are all equally important, because misrepresentation in any of these areas could allow for an individual to rely on incorrect information to their detriment. And all of these areas of misrepresentation can lead to persons loosing their jobs and to the Department of Education imposing penalties.

However, I do believe that the area of Employability of Graduates, has to be handled carefully and truthfully since that is a major concern for all students and can be presented or misrepresented easily through visual images.

Sounds to me like we must be very, very careful in our wording!

Each area is extremely important (hence the federal regulation), as each could cause a large detriment if the applicant/student has relied on incorrect information.

Trying to choose the most important, I would say the Nature of the Educational Program because we would not want an applicant to choose a program, and then start the program only to realize it was not represented fully and truthfully. This would not only be a waste of time and money on the student's behalf, but may also result in fines for the Educational Institution.

Nancy,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with the forum. Excellent explanation.

Cindy Bryant

I really feel that it is very important that we do not misrepresent the university. It is extremely important not to give students false promises in regards to job opportunities and employment.

Sign In to comment