Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

NCLEX scoring , we always encourage students to go to the BON to see scores for not only our institution but others as well. Background issues , Clinical institutions are very stringent and we must run backgrounds to ensure placement in to clinical sights.

The three items I recall is:
Financial Aid - for those who qualify.
No drugs or alcohol
Entrance Counseling and Exit counseling that must be provided before student takes out a loan or whether they graduate or leave the school.

Three disclosures that stand out to me would be the attendance, placement and median loan debt.
Student need to know that they are required to be here a certain amount of time, what our placement rates are and how much money they are expected to pay back for their loans. I think that all three of things are big factors into enrolling into school.

Three things that stand out to me would be, FERPA making sure that the students understand what this is, another would be Job Placement is to assist not to guarantee a job, and the Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention that we have a zero tolerance for any illegal drugs and or alchol on the campus.

At my institution here are the three: Placement, on Time Completion rates and Drug and Alcohol Provention Information.

Troy

Troy,

Placement, On Time Completion rates and Drug and Alcohol Prevention Information is very important. Personally I always found On Time Completion Rates confusing to explain to many students.

Cindy Bryant

Gina,

Hi! The NCLEX is a great way to distinguish your college from another. The scores speak for themselves and students are able to be objective in their selection.

Cindy Bryant

1. All tuition and fees cost
2. Accreditation
3. Student - teacher ratio

These disclosures allows the student to be informed of the cost of their education, the value of their degree and what kind of attention they may get from a teacher once enrolled in classes.

The three most common disclosures I hear are: expected cost, attendance policy, refund policy and of course IT Requirements.

The most important disclosures for our community are:
1) Refund policy
2) Drug & Alcohol Prevention
3) Job placement
4) On time completion rates

On-Time Completion rates and Drug and Alcohol prevention programs and an over-all data base of our schools excellence.

My main job is to talk to students about our CDL (Commercial Driver's License) program. We disclose multiple different pieces of information such as :

- Qualifications to enroll
- Tuition and what it includes
- Student to teacher ratio

I am shocked to hear that "back in the day" the students were forced to take more funds than needed. I have always practiced taking only what is need or what they would call necessary funds.
Student need to realize that they must keep enough for future use if they would like to expand their education more and more.

I agree with the On Time Completion rates being the hardest to explain. I just noticed on that stated that the program is 77 weeks long, only 2% completed the program in 77 weeks. Does that mean more took longer or shorter time to finish? It would seem confusing.

Alan,

I have not been aware of students that were forced to accept funds that exceeded the cost of their education but I have known students to request stipends against their FA Adviser's better judgement.

Cindy Bryant

Students parents requested information
Students wanted to see information in writing
Students and parents wanted the information verfied

Sign In to comment