Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Completion/graduation rate is always important and typcially prominent.
Cost...this is critical to include.
Relevant occupations are also great to highlight as these can change such as the emergence of spa's, full service health clubs and business' that offer on-site employee perks like massage.

The three that come to mind immediately are: Placement, On-Time Completion rates and Drug and Alcohol Provention Information. However all of our disclosures are centralized, reviewed and approved by our Corporate office to ensure accuracy and then posted on the website.

In regards to disclosures the three things that are always readily available: The job placement stats, the accredititing body, and also the cost of tuition.

Name three items you recall regarding specific disclosures made by your institution and how they impact a student's decision to enroll in your institution?

Three disclousure are:
Cost of attendance, consumer and drug abuse policies and attendance and SAP policies.

Mirenia,

In your daily routine how do you utilize these disclosures? Do you fell that they make your job easier?

Cindy Bryant

The three disclosures that come to mindare as follows 1. Graduate employment information;2. Aknowledgement of the school catalog and how to get to it;3. Federal and Private Education Loan Code of Conduct and Disclosures.

Kathleen,

Thank you for participating, each one of these disclosures is critical to the student body.

Cindy Bryant

1. Our School is licensed by the Sate of Florida Commission of Independent Education but is not accredited yet. Some students look for federal grants and often will not be able to apply to our program for that reason.

2. When I am speaking with a prospective student and we talk about tuition payments, I always disclose our refund policy so that the person can make an informed decision.

3. I always discuss policies and procedures of the School so that we follow the required state guidelines.

Renate,

It is not unusual for schools to become licensed and while awaiting accreditation to use alternative funding for students. In these instances it is imperative that tuition is clearly explained and that students sign an acknowledgement. It sounds as if your school completely understands the importance of disclosure.

Cindy Bryant

Placement %
View each class and meet the teacher, as well as a sneak peek of how the classes are looking at the time of interest.
meet the placement coordinator for questions about placement after the skill is obtained and how internship works as well of some locations we are currently in partnership with.

Amber,

Hi! It sounds as if you have a great grasp on the best way to provide students with an insight into their chosen career. The visual tour partnered with the pertinent disclosures is a great way to work with prospective students.

Cindy Bryant

Job placement is the main trend to ask from prospective students.

Second one is tuition costs and schedules.

Third one the policy of cancellation and refund.

Three tings that I recall would be the completion rate, median loan debt, and the occupation list. This information individually has a huge impact on a student's decision. For example, the completion rate provides students with insight to the productivity of the institution. Also, the occupation listing allows student to see the different careers they can have after completing the program.

I wanted to say a word about how repayment and overpayment are handled; when I was a student, we were basically forced to accept much more money than required, and so many of us can not repay such large sums. I am pleased that our institution advises students to send back any unneccessary funds as soon as they are recieved, so they will not be placed on the proverbial sinking ship.

Accreditation information, Cost and Security Information

-The credits do not transfer
This makes a huge impact on admissions. For students looking to further their education down the road, our institution may not be a good fit.
-The MA program is accredited
This is important for students looking to sit for their certification exam. If we were not accredited in this program, the student wouldn't be able to test out.
-Financial obligation
We are a private school, making the cost of tuition higher.

Jarine,

I am glad to see that you are providing accreditation disclosures, many times accreditation is confused with licensure and it is important that the two or distinguished.

Cindy Bryant

Completion rate: this really shows our students why we are here and that we can discuss what it takes to complete their degree.

Cost of attendance: critical to any major decision in your life. How much and discuss responsible borrowing along the way

Crime on campus info: to show that safety is a priority and to discuss how we provide a safe learning environment

Josh,

A career colleges completion rate tells a story about the institution. It indicates that the students are satisfied, academics are sound and the opportunity for a new career is viable. Thanks for joining the forum.

Cindy Bryant

Sign In to comment