Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Absolutely NOT! Admissions reps are not to receive any types of bonuses.

Since the admissions can't receive a bonus, it would be nice if they received some recognition for having high number of enrollments with completions.

No, this would be conflict of interest.

In my opinion, Admission Bonus would tend to lead to unethical behavior regardless where the bonus is given out.

I believe that extra compensation for student success should not be given to staff as they when hired agreed to work for the institution and perform these duties to the best of their abilities. They typically get paid higher than other faculty and staff, but also live by the sword when their perform levels suffer. That is why there is so much turnover and fear in that department.

No it is not allowed

I agree with Isabel Torrez, due to so many factors such as concerns of alleging innappropiate recruiting practices,conflift of interest, high pressure sales, and compensation is tied to a number of students enrolled. They undermined the ban on incentive compensation.

Not only it is unethical to receive a bonus in admissions but it is also against compliance. Concorde do not give bonus or gifts to students or associates.

No they can not.

Not a practice here! I believe personally it is unethical to pay bonuses for "meeting numbers". Admissions Reps and Instructors should have a passion for helping our students to change and enrich their lives.

No, they cannot.

No. This against compliance regulations.

Conflict of interest and not permitted.

Kris,
Some schools do, I came from another school up north and they did. Just like Traci said it is going away as of July. It was nice to have but, graduation is worth more than any bonus.

No not at all. This would be a conflict of interest.

absolutely not! Admissions representatives are responsible for recruiting qualified students. Ensuring that the student completes the progam requires the efforts of all departments.

agreed , it keeps things on a level playing field

Correct me if I misunderstood, I was under the impression additional compensation or incentives for enrollment or referrals etc. only applied to those institutions eligigle for Title IV or HEA program funds.?

Bonuses are part of the safe harbor provisions. Effective July 1, 2011, the DOE has eliminated all safe harbor provisions.

Totally agree, absolutely not! Admissions representatives are responsible for recruiting qualified students.

Sign In to comment