Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This is no longer tolerated. This is part of the Safe Harbors which will be eliminated effective July 1, 2011.
My honest opinion, eliminating such incentives was a good approach to standing behind a schools values and mission based on if students receiving a quality education and having that feeling of being a number. School should be quality education never quantity.

Holly, you are right it is a conflict of interest. Educators sole purpose is to make education attainable for all students without an incentive. The only incentive should be what the students received...a quality education

I agree with you Maria. Thank you events and appreciation banquets are always in order for those who are teaching or are connected with the success of the these students. However, teaching just to get extra money is not the right attitude to have for being an example to our students.

It will no longer be permitted to allow compensation for students that successfully complete their program of choice.

The answer is no. Representatives are no longer able to receive bonuses effective July 1 2011.

No they are no longer allowed to...even students can no longer receive incentives for referrals etc...

This would be a conflict of interest. New provisions would be in effect July 1, 2011 to avoid such conflicts.

This is an ethical dilemna. For me, I will not advocate for one.

No, admissions cannot receive any bonuses based on students completion and retention.

NO WAY! We can not receive any bonuses for a student who has successfully completed a program.

absolutely not

Yes they can until July 1st 2011.

But when a student has a issue who do they go see the instructor or the rep? Usually the rep because you have to figure they were 1st point of contact and your the one who changed thier life and gave them the oppertunity to attend. so i disagree with reps not being given admissions bonuses!!!

Medical staff cannot accept gifts from our patients because it would appear to be a conflict of interest. For the same reason we should not give completion bonuses. The reps got paid for what they do when they picked up there paychecks.

Out of the different companies I have worked for, I only know of one who did provide bonuses/incentives. All Instructors would receive a bonus monthly, and quarterly, in addition to their regular salary. Perhaps it may be viewed as unethical to some. However, those bonuses did make an enormous difference in the completion of work, and motivation/morale concerning the employees. In short, they would always, without fail, make their "numbers."

On paper, it is deemed unethical. In a perfect world, an "Educator's sole purpose is to make education attainable for all students without an incentive." That statement sounds the best, and most worthy. However, I know for a fact, that behind closed doors, a lot of people do not operate that way. It is sad, but an unfortunate truth in a lot of cases.

There is no way that and admissions rep can receive any type of bonuses

It's a no no, Admissions Representatives nor staff members should receive any bonus for students successfully completed the program

No, remember that it is part of the Safe Harbors which will be eliminated as of July 1,2011. I think that institutions can recognize its staff in other ways may be at staff meetings for example but it should not be monetary gifts to include gift cards.

Years ago...Back in the day... I did receive a substancial amount of compensation because the College I worked for paid bonuses when the student reached their mid-point and graduation.
I also can say that back then, I worked with alot of unsavory characters, "Unfortunately, I always questioned their morals, values and ethics". However, this industry has made enormous strides hiring ethical employees that "Do the right thing not for themselves but for the student"

Elizabeth

Sign In to comment