Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Stephanie,
That's great to have a standing, updated binder at all time with the items needed. This also helps in case an unannounced visit occurs when any "key" people are out of the office.

Traci Lee

In preparing for an audit, I would review all the requirements that are published for that audit and, if possible review student records as a pre-audit. I have always done internal audits on a quarterly basis for the major areas that would be audited by an external party. Areas include - admissions, financial aid, career services/placement, and academic/curriculum.

Amber,
Glad to hear you are already doing a quarterly internal audit.

Traci Lee

Part of preparing for an audit is making sure all required documents are in file and accurate. Because it is important that a documentation supports the test results.

Doanne,

Accuracy and documents in check is key. Another thing schools sometimes struggle with is missing an entire file. Tracking to ensure that all student files are available is also important.

Traci Lee

It's very important to be prepared in all departments. Internal audits are critical to keep your school in order.

Stephanie,
Compliance definitely involves all departments. It may be thought of as specific to certain areas but, every department has an impact.

Traci Lee

Traci,

I would first review the school catalog and make sure I have an understanding of what we say we are doing. I would also incorporate the checklist provided to us by this training. I would then review the last audit and make sure that we have corrected any deficiency.

Dr. Dennis,
I am glad to see the reference to the catalog. It is often overlooked as the value it has in setting the base for reviews and audits.

Traci Lee

Our school just went through reaccreditation. We pulled all the files and did the audits then to make sure all the paperwork was present. To be proactive and moving forward, I would like to use the internal audit and do it at he same time we review our IAIP quarterly. This way all things would be current and up-to-date.

Michaela,
Great idea to keep it going throughout the year so you don't have a lot to do all at once before a review or visit.

Traci Lee

Sign In to comment