Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Creative Follow-Up for Better Results | Origin: AD114

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Adapting Your Communication for Successful Connections --> Creative Follow-Up for Better Results

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

GREAT methods of creating follow-up with the prospective student!

this module in overall was very informative. 

Being able to change or adapt your communication style to match that of the prospective student can be difficult, requiring us to look at things from a different perspective and change our process, but in doing so we are able to connect with the student and develop a bond that makes the rest of the process much smoother and more succesful.

I love the 4 Cs especially the one related to Creativity.  If you are truly conducting a thorough interivew you will iun ov ef something that nis not related to the Admissions fequirements.  We use a Student Success Plan.  The rep is tasked to come up with something not related to the Admissions requirements to task  the applicnat to complete that would benefit them. . 

Making sure your follow up and end results are action-oriented seems like a very important mindset. When you create an end goal, it provides closure to the process. 

Follow up is key.

Follow-up is necessary and both student and admissions have a role bility and responsito play in the process. 

• Work on f/u
  • creating a cosistent routine
  • utilizing tools

The module is very informative, it will help me in the follow up that i will have to with students

Follow Up with all inquiries. Be clear, concise, creative and deliver message with confidence. Share the responsibility with your prospect when it comes to follow up. 

The techniques and tips given for making the Follow up to students are very clear and should improve the enrollment rate at our college

I think confidence is sometimes overlooked because confidence is derived from someone's level of preparedness, preparation, and training from the school and from their personal experiences. How often do you we ask our staff about their confidence in performing their job and really encourage professional development? Fruit for thought. 

Follow-up has to be a part of the foundation for a student admission. Staff has to understand the importance of follow-up.

Comment on Beatriz Almeida's post: Shared responsibility

The process of follow up must not fall over only to the student. It is a shared responsibility.
It's crucial to put yourself in the student's shoes and build your empathy skills.

This section explained why people don;t return voice messages and how we can craft our messaging to get more effective informationa nd response rates from our prospects.

The 4 C's are helpful when following up with a prospective student. They are: clarity, content, creativity, and confidence.

FOLLOW UP is so imports, The 4 Cs are great to keep in mind. Need to work on creativity to help with follow up.

Adapting communications to facilitate student success is difficult and almost impossible if I am not 'in tune' with the pulse of my student. Effective listening, discovery, building trust and confidence are key components that; if neglected; precipitate a seemingly impossible follow up communications process. Delivering on your promise, providing ongoing support, being action oriented and offering resources/support are all obvious-simple concepts of an effective 'Follow Up Strategy' that are far too often under utilized effectively. This can always be improved upon. 

Sign In to comment