Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Radio Creative

Do you think it is wise to use the the school's web address in your radio creative or should you just repeate the school name and phone number numerous times? I understand that visits to the web site would probably be counted as internet leads and not radio leads.

Jennifer, as you are aware by your question, you have limited time in a radio spot to get your message across and it is important that you not overwhelm a prospect with too much info. That said, our recommendation is that if you can include your school's web address you should because there may be a certain number of people that would feel better approaching your school from that direction. Additionally, we always attribute leads back to their original sources if at all possible. It really helps tracking stay accurate. If you get web leads as a result of a NP, TV, radio ad or otherwise, you want to credit the lead to the original source.

i think that advertising the school's web address is one of the best things you can do on radio. in today's marketplace, when prospects have questions, the majority look it up on line anyway...people are getting accustomed to remembering .com's...good luck!

That's an excellent idea!! For example, if you are driving and listening at the radio and a website is thrown to you, it is definitely easier to remember than a phone number or even an 800 number...especially if that website is www.collegename.edu!

Hi Fiorella,
We generally recommend pushing URLs over phone numbers. Typically we'd only strongly recommend using a phone number when you are able to take advantage of an easy to remember vanity number, e.g., 1-800-SCHOOLS.
Don't forget to check the web site name for any special characters, such as a dash, that would need to be clearly stated by the talent producing the voice over.

I can not agree with you more! The first thing I do when I want information on something is look it up online

Sign In to comment