Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Commercial

Say we place a buy with a frequency of 3 spots per hour. Do you suggest to run the same commerial three times in one hour or run three different spots in one hour?

Which do you find works best for you?

Jennifer - Good question, let me answer this in a couple of ways. First, let's say you're running 3 spots/hour in an 8 hour daytime rotator for a total of 24 spots. As a general rule for these longer rotators, the amount of different commercials we would run would be equal to the amount of spots run in an hour. In this case, that would be 3 different commercials. Second, if we're looking at a shorter rotator, like one hour, I'd recommend one spot.

we actually just started running four different :15 spots each at 25% as bookends...this month will tell if it was a good thing, but i definitely think that when running so many spots in one day - you should somewhat of a differenation in spots.

I think that testing is the best way to find that out. I'd shoot for two different spots that'd run randomly within a 8 hour day (3 spots/hour)...

Fiorella, you're right - testing is a great way to find the right commercial.
In a best case scenario, we'd always recommend running one proven spot in the rotator along with a new testing spot to get a clear look at an apples-to-apples comparison. The proven commercial should be working well based on past data, and then you'll have a baseline on which to judge the new spot.

I would say run the same commericial - that way it is in the person's head and they will remember it. If you run a different commericial they may not relate that commerical to you.

Sign In to comment