Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Satellite TV

What is your opinion about placing a schedule on satellite TV (Dish Network)? In my experience, I have found that it is hard to negotiate a schedule and that you are forced to buy a specific "package" that is supposed to target your demo. I would appreciate any advice on how to better place/negotiate a schedule for satellite TV.

Jennifer - For the types of clients that we handle, we buy television on a local level, so unfortunately, we can't pass along any specific advice on how to place a schedule on satellite TV. The one thing we will remind you is to not get forced into buying anything that isn't spending the dollars of your client effectively. Everything is negotiable, but if you're not satisfied with your options, sometimes the best negotiation tool is to simply walk away from the deal.

I do not buy Satellite TV or too much Cable, but the best advice i could share is be stern with what you are wanting - if you know the stations/shows, etc. - the more specific, the better. the TV reps can work with what you need!

Truthfully, I find buying at the local level much easier to handle and accomodate. Dish Network is a far inferior product due to the fact that the consumer is able to block commercials when they are recording. Also, with the amount of stations that being broadcast on hitting the demographic pop is much harder.

I would agree with your assessment of Satellite TV, Michael. It's not a buying strategy I've ever espoused when there are a lot of great options available in local broadcast markets.

In addition to standard broadcast channels, I would actually encourage you to take a look at local cable providers. We've found much success strategically buying networks that tend to skew towards the demographics we need to hit on TV.

In the case of broadcast or cable, you're going to find that you're in a better position to negotiate rates than what you would be able to do through Satellite. I would consider strong negotiation to be the crucial success factor in lowering your cost per lead.

Sign In to comment