Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

PUBLIC BUSES

I LIKE THE IDEA OF HAVING THE SCHOOL ADVERTISE IN THE PUBLIC BUSES THAT RUN IN THE SCHOOL AREA. THAT IS VERY VISUAL AND ANOTHER WAY TO GET TO THE PUBLIC IN YOUR AREA OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

HI CAri

Putting a message on the inside or outside of a public bus helps gets the word out about your school. This kind of advertising does cost money. With public relations and publicity strategies, many of them are relatively inexpensive. And if done effectively, they target your likely prospects. So the goal is to look for methods to get the word out about your school that don't cost a lot of money and reach your prime market.
Best wishes
Susan

Our business is in Los Angeles County, where the majority of the population prefers to drive their own vehicles and public transportation is not as preferred or necessary as in cities such as New York or San Francisco. What I have learned from this section of the class is to really know the culture and the habits of your prospective students. Advertising on buses, for example, would be less effective here than in New York. This section taught me to think of new and creative ways of advertising where my ideal demographic will most likely see them. For our makeup academy, this may mean a banner close to a fashionable shoe store two blocks down.

Hi Lily

Really great to think of who your students and prospects are and what they look at and how to attract their attention. That will help with target marketing plans. Great idea to consider what kind of alliances or joint marketing efforts can be planned. If people are interested in makeup they would be interested in fashion, beauty, etc. Makes it easy to develop advertising. Know your customer!
Best wishes
Susan

Yes ,and there are also bus stops .youo know the actual benches.people advertize on these in our aresa.What experience do you have with this?
Dr.George Najemian

HI George

Lots of ways to get the name of school out to the public. The goal is to use as many resources as possible. The ideal is when the public sees your name on buses, bus stops, newspapers, signs, flyers, etc. Takes concerted effort. But it does pay off.
Best wishes
Susan

Great idea, Im going to advertise in a public bus.

Busses can be a source for students assuming students take the bus and that your school is on a bus route and offers programs bus riding people want to enroll in. What is important with any marketing effort is that you ask all these questions and measure measure measure results and costs. Thanks, Susan

Sign In to comment