Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Facility Operation and Maintenance | Origin: LC110

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Creating a Safe CTE Learning Environment --> Facility Operation and Maintenance

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

As an administrator, I need to pay close attention to the equipment usage by the individual and collective class. Also keep up with the insturctor knowledge and training of safety. Make sure I do more walk through's as well throughout the day. 

Administrators will need to pay close attention to each area individually and all areas collectively.  The different colors indicate the level of safety.

It's essential to set up and maintain a system to evaluate safety in the classroom and also to have good recordkeeping. 

I have noticed that this is routinely just left up to the teachers and there is no administrative check. As a new CTE administrator, this is good information to know. 

I liked the three ways to organize housekeeping/clean up in the classroom. There are benefits to each, but what stood out to me most was the idea of assigning responsibility to the "foreman/woman" to ensure that all equipment is cleaned and organized to the predetermined standard. 

We take safety vry seriously. However, we do not formally schedule our walk thrus of the shops. We also do not have instructors check eachothers shops. These would be good staregies to incorporate. 

All of this is great information and a reminder of how even in times of busyness, we must schedule for safety.

It is important to conduct routine inspections to ensure safety remains at the forefront. 

Doing "safety observations" is going to start being part of my regular routine.  I do weekly visits to every program, but have never made one of these a focus on safety.  This will benefit both me and the instructor to help assure a safe CTE facility. 

Sign In to comment