Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Foundations of AI | Origin: EC133

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Introduction to Artificial Intelligence --> Foundations of AI

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

One of the key ideas that I learned from this training is that AI can be a very useful tool for educators.  As I reviewed my the courses in Canvas, I realized that almost every assignment was over-complicated and required downloading, uploading, and manual grading by the instructor; therefore, I made the decision to use AI tools like Copilot and ChatGPT to revamp the assignments, quizzes, and exams directly from the slides and textbook.  It took some time on the front-end to restructure but the pay-off has been tremendous by making grading immediate, adding complete transparency on what to study and what could be tested on.  I believe that this relieves some unnecessary stress from the students, while allowing me more time to be able to visit students at clinical sites rather than spending hours hand-grading assignments.  This course has solidified my decision to use AI in a way that benefits me, as an instructor and our students as they learn about radiography while navigating an intense program.  

This module provided a solid understanding of core artificial intelligence paradigms, specifically distinguishing between narrow and general AI, as well as the fundamental mechanics separating traditional machine learning from deep neural architectures (such as RNNs for sequential patterns).

In terms of application, I intend to integrate these foundational principles into curriculum design and practical learning environments. Specifically, I plan to leverage machine learning frameworks and data-driven analytical workflows to help students grasp how predictive modeling and pattern recognition solve real-world problems. Establishing a strong technical base demystifies AI, enabling learners to critically evaluate algorithmic outputs and prepare effectively for technology-driven industry demands.

Wow! That was a lot to take in.  AI has certainly evolved beyond simple questions.  In education, I have seen AI use explode in helping teachers learn more about content, develop lesson plans, and create instructional resources, which aligns well with the section on integrating AI into CTE. While I have seen a lot of pushback against using AI, I also see benefits in using AI in the workplace as a resourceful, efficient tool that boosts productivity.

Learning about the behind-the-scenes of AI is an eye-opener to me. The integration of AI into leaning, the ethical considerations, and concerns such as integrity, privacy, and security are aspects that I have had to address as an adjunct faculty. The thriller for me is learning about machining learning, deep learning and the varied aspects and examples of each. I look forward to completing this course.

The biggest takeaway for me was reinforcing the notion that AI is at its best when it acts as a collaborator, supporting human judgment rather than trying to replace it. I apply this to both my teaching and my work in the entertainment industry. I use AI to build out real-world case studies, refine assignments, dig into audience trends, and brainstorm fresh concepts. At the same time, I’m keeping a critical eye on all the LLMs I utilize, as they always need to be double-checked for accuracy. I realize that I must rely on my experience to make the final call on all AI enhanced productions.

I really enjoyed learning about AI. Learning about different types of AI and how machine learning works was great. There is so much behind AI. I am excited to know more about this topic. Thanks!

What a great time to be alive. We get to help our students engage and interact with this amazing tool. I can't wait to learn more about this techology and share it with my students.

AI is revolutionary. It is changing the way students learn and the way we teach. It is very helpful technology resource.

I What I have learned from this module is that you can use AI to generate quizzes after careful review by the teacher. 

This is very interesting and exciting. I can see so many instances of how this will be helpful in my lesson planning. I am anxious to see what the next few years will bring.

 As an instructor, I'm excited to use AI to make learning more engaging, create helpful resources, and save time on routine tasks.

As a teacher, I am excited to explore ways AI can make learning more engaging and meaningful for students. I plan to use AI tools to create learning resources, generate new ideas, and save time on routine tasks so I can focus more on supporting my students. At the same time, I recognize the importance of using AI responsibly and helping students understand both its benefits and limitations.

I learned that AI can help people complete tasks, find information, and solve problems more efficiently. I plan to use AI as a helpful tool for research and brainstorming while still checking the information for accuracy and completing my own work.

AI is new\ to the IT communty. It is a powerful tool; that can improve thei inddustry at different levels.

This module helped me understand that AI is a powerful educational tool when used ethically and intentionally. I learned how AI can support personalized learning, streamline routine tasks, generate instructional materials, and provide timely feedback while still requiring instructor oversight and critical evaluation. In my online classroom, I plan to use AI to enhance student engagement, create more interactive learning experiences, and improve instructional efficiency, while also teaching students to use AI responsibly and maintain academic integrity.

I learned that AI is more of a general term for the different types of modules developers us to train computers to mimic human thought patterns. 

I am excited to really understand how to use the technology to support learning in my classroom. Somebody  said, "AI is not going to take your job; somebody who knows how to use AI will replace you."

 

Made a lot of sense to me!

AI is a very sophisticated tool and there are many ways of using it in the classroom.  In the classroom there are many types of learners and a us Instructors need to adjust our learning style to meet Student's needs.  With AI we can do so by presenting our material in many different aspects.

I learned that AI is very useful for Instructor and for students. I think it a very good resource on certain materials for students .

Sign In to comment