Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Suicide - The Next Step | Origin: EC120

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Teacher's Guide to Suicdie Prevention --> Suicide - The Next Step

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I am interested in learning more abou the Trevor Project. I deal in a very specific area that has increased speacial populations and would be helpful to further educate myself on ways to help our students. 

I am going to check with our providers to see what is available for out students in alaska .

I have learned key ways of vigilance in the classroom and on campus for the student who may be in distress.  I plan on making an active practice to heighten my awareness levels at all times.

I learned there are a lot of resourses available and it is important to know what they are.

I learned that the Hot line can be posted in my classroom and that we need a line of command when we learn about a student at risk.

Has anyone had to use this in there classroom or has anyone lost a student and had to deal with the grief that caused.

Being aware of how we deal with all students regardless of identification is important, but with the knowledge of significantly greater populations of LGBTQIA+ making attempts on their life directs us to be even more diligent when supporting students who identify in such a way.

Being aware of the resources and areas of support, especially for children who are at greater risk of attempting suicide, is another step to support our students and children.

Sign In to comment