Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Enrollment Agreements

Describe the process that your school uses for students to sign enrollment agreements, and how you ensure that students are fully informed of their rights and responsibilities therein.

Because of the nature of our program, enrollment agreements are a little hard to get before the students attend the first day. Many of our students come from employers who have enrolled them, and many times those employers have not given us the correct contact information for the students.

In any event, the person who registers online signs off on a waiver that contains the same information as our enrollment agreement. We then email the student an electronic version of the enrollment agreement and wait for it to be returned. In a perfect world that happens before the student arrives.

More times than not though, it happens on the first day of class during orientation. The students are given the enrollment agreements (those who were registered by employers) and all other pertinent docs concerning their registration and rights.

A catalog is always given students on a tour so they have all of the information.

The process we use for enrollment agreements are a student completes the agreement with Admissions, and then completes the State Board Form.

Enrollment Agreements contain all the required elements and are delivered to our students prior to enrollment. They are delivered via postal mail or on the web before a student's enrollment is accepted. When a student submits a signed enrollment agreement and it has been reviewed and accepted by the school, a copy is returned to the student prior to course delivery. If is it returned to the student via the web, the student is required to respond to the email acknowledging receipt of the EA prior to accessing their lessons.

Before signing an enrollment agreement students meet with an admissions staff to complete the application and an assessment. The staff explains the enrollement process to perspective student and answers all of their questions. The assessment is given and graded by one of the administrtiors. Once the students have met the requirements the admissions packet is reviewed by the perspective students is then interviews by an administrator. This interview is designed to assess the students rediness and to ensure that that thave been given all the information needed to make a decision about their education. If barriers exist this information is openly discussed with the student and at times referrals are made to other agencies to ensure that the student is going to be successful. The student signs all documentation with the admissions staff and then they are given a tour of the school.

Our students review the enrollment agreement first with the admissions staff and then later with the appropriate program coordinator to make sure they have an understanding of what they are signing. The enrollment agreement is then reviewed by the School Director before signing the administration side.

Our students meet with an admission representative prior to signing the enrollment agreement. The rep explains the enrollment process and answers any questions the prospective student may have. They are then interviewed by an Administrator. This interview is to ensure that they have been given all the information needed to make a decision regarding their education.

What type if administrators meet/interview the prospective students. I think this could be a beneficial step in admission oversight.

Administrator that meet with students for the "second interview" may include the general mangager, the school director or the education director. All of them can clarify information as needed and ensure that students have been properly informed.

At our institution we have work with the student from the beginning to ensure that they have all the information that is required for their enrollment. They work extensively with an Admissions staff member and I am also involved with the whole process to make sure there isn't any mistakes occurring.

This is a good secoond check. We do it but not 100% of the time. People are busy, or not currently available and sometimes the students is in a hurry.

Currently our school has an orientation session at that time students are paired with staff and they complete the enrollmetn package. Our programs do not charge a fee so some aspects of the enrollment process do not apply.

We have our students go over each paragraph of the enrollment agreement, front to back. After which, we ask if there are any questions regarding what they have read. We have a fail-safe in place, by requiring 3 signatures ( the enrollee, Director of Admissions, and the School Director) to verify that they have read and understood the agreement.

Students are required to be provided a copy of their enrollment agreement and to have it for 24 hours before it is signed. The agreement is reviewed and signed by the admissions representative and then is reviewed by an administrative assistant to ensure complete understand by the prospective student. Further, we extend the full cancellation period tot he students first 30 days after classes begin to ensure that new students are satisfied with their decision to attend our college.

30 days is a long time to allow students to cancel instead of withraw.  Do you know if there is a regulation on the minimun requirement for a school to allow cancellation vs. withrawal? 

@jamieann73

I agree with everything you posted.

@johnware

When a new prospective students is interested in the class, I make sure I have all the necessary paperwork in front of me. We go through the catalog. I then go through our curriculum and our training book so they see exactly what they will learn. Once they are confortable with that, I take out enrollment agreetment, and go over it section by section.

I then asked if they have any other additinal questions. If they are ready to enroll and make a payment, they get a copy of their enrollment agreement and a catalog.

We go over the entire enrollment agreement and ask the customer if they understand before they sign. Plus we give a copy of our catalog to insure they have the material to reference back.

Sign In to comment