Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Foreign Diplomas

I had a student from a foreign country give his high school diploma to enter the course, after doing some research and contacting the school board. The student will need to go to foreign affairs with original transcripts or diploma from their country to be able to receive a letter stating that they meet the requirements. My question is can we let the student start the course without and hold their diploma until we receive the letter.

Would this depend on school policy?  If POG was required to enroll then they must have.

A students transcripts should be evaluated and translated prior to enrolling the student.  This will ensure that you and your school are compliant.   

Student must provide HS Diploma translated and evaluated before class start

We require all students with foreign POG to be translated and evaluated before they can move forward in the process. I have found it to be a good practice to start this process as soon as the student is identified as having Foreign POG and stressing the importance to the student to get this completed as soon as possible. It is also good practice to have a resource information available to the student as to where they can go and get this completed. In addition, if it is to expensive for the student, we also recommend the studetn getting his/her GED if that is a cheaper rounte.

Sign In to comment