Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

open enrollement

Open enrollement should not be allowed. It should be a start date for each class.

sonia,
This is where terminology is important. Open enrollment is when there are no restrictions to enrollment other than a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent. Asynchronous enrollment is without a set start date and students may join at any time.

Patty Aronoff

I was just googling this terminology today. The use of open admissions and open enrolment, can be interchanged but mean the lack of additional documentation besides a high school diploma. In the text I was reading they were trying to use it as having several start dates accesible to the student. Very interesting.

open enrollment means that as long as a prospect meets the admissions requirements that person can not be turned away for enrollment

My University has no start or end date, a student is able to apply and bring in their documents in up to the first week of classes. WE offer this maybe because of the fact that we are a smaller school, up to 1000 students a year and it makes it very reasonable for some students to not end up wasting a whole semester because of a deadline.

Gabriela ,
Since open enrollment means different things to different people it is important that the term be defined in the catalog.

Patty Aronoff

Elery,
Very true! They can start at any time and then the graduation date is set for when they enrolled.

Patty Aronoff

Open enrollment at my school is generally for a non-degree program.

Shannon,
Open enrollment is used for other schools as well. It really depends upon program offered and the length of the program.

Patty Aronoff

Sign In to comment