Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Enrollment Agreements

Obtain a copy of your enrollment agreement. Pretend you are filling it out with a new student. What questions do you have and who can you ask for accurate answers?

Under the class participation section, there is a brief mention of student attendance affecting the completion timeframe and progress and also that make-up assignments must be pre-approved by the instructor however, our school also has a strict attendance policy. Missing 8 hours of class time (2 days), will result in dropping one letter grade. This is articulated in the course catalogue but should it also be included in the enrollment agreement? Is it necessary to remain in compliance. We have a compliance department and I could ask them specifically. Any questions regarding compliance, I direct to this department even if it is an Education or Financial Aid question. If its regarding compliance I go straight to the compliance department to ensure the answers are accurate and up to date. Then I go to the specific department to follow up. If there is a difference in the answer this let's us know that perhaps some people were not aware of a change and then moving forward, we can be on one accord.

Other than that the enrollment agreement is standard and fairly simple to explain.

RENEE,

Specifics as you mention regarding attendance and reduction of grade would be in the catalog. The enrollment agreement and the catalog constitute he contract.

Patty Aronoff

Does anyone know if enrollment agreements being sent, signed and returned electronically might pose any problems?

This is a very good question and would like to be included in the answer.
We recruit national and rely on this everyday.

To my understanding, as long as the student has completed the form stating they are using an electronic signature they can complete the SEA electronically

If my address changes throughout my time here at the school, will that be a problem?

If I didn't know the answer I would ask my supervisor and compliance after that.

Stephen,
The important facet is to have protection of electronic signature. There are many ways to do to ensure the confidentiality and security needed for online transactions.

Patty Aronoff

Allen,
It is the backbone of online education with proper security measures taken into account.

Patty Aronoff

Jennifer,
There must be an acknowledgement of the electronic means and privacy statement.

Patty Aronoff

Mily,

No, just put in a request to change your address. It is important that your information is always current.

Patty Aronoff

I had a question regarding the Refund Distribution Order for the Return of Title IV Funds. I contacted the Senior Admissions Representative and also copied the Director of Admissions.

Susan,

It is always best to go to the experts. Good ideas!

Patty Aronoff

What a great idea. I am going to untilize this at our next admissions meeting! We often have meeting to discuss questions and things that come up in the admissions process with students.

The Enrollment Agreements must be given a copy to the student, and make an electronic copy in a fireproof gabinete

Can the enrollment agreements and other parts of a student's file be stored electronically, or is it necessary to have actual files with all the paper documents?

I couldn't be without our enrollment agreements! It makes all requirements clear regarding deposits and matriculation information available to the students, faculty and staff.

It also protects the institution by clearly labeling requirements and guidelines so that the applicants are aware prior to accepting a seat.

If my address changes throughout my time here at the school, will that be a problem?

If I didn't know the answer I would ask my supervisor and compliance after that.

A copy of the enrollment agreement should always be given to the student and file.

The enrollment agreement clearly specifies the amount to be refunded to the students by calculation of their attendance.

Sign In to comment